We will be making a very popular West African dish - Jollof Rice using the conventional menu option on the Miele Oven.
Appliance: Miele Oven
Preparation Time: Conventional Heat, 170 degrees, 30 mins
- Place tomatoes, bell peppers/tatashe, onions, scotch bonnets, ginger and garlic in a blender cup, and blend until smooth.
- In a Dutch oven pot, heat up the cooking oil. Then add sliced onions and fry until translucent.
- Add blended ingredients in the pot and leave it to fry.
- Wash rice and set aside.
- Once the sauce is completely fried, add hot water, seasonings, and herbs.
- Add washed rice to the pot, then transfer the pot to the oven.
- Cook at 170 degrees, for 30min, using conventional heat.
- You can serve your rice with baked chicken, and garnish with cherry tomatoes and some rosemary.
2 cups long grain rice
5-6 cups water/chicken stock
2 bay leaves
1 teaspoon fennel seeds
1 teaspoon oregano
2-4 tablespoon black pepper
Salt to taste
3 cloves garlic
1 inch fresh ginger root
1 medium sliced onions
½ cup cooking oil
1 large onion
6 fresh tomatoes
3 scotch bonnets
3 Tatashe/bell peppers